Saturday, August 07, 2004

Will they ever really understand each other?
A bit of quiet on an otherwise busy day. the sky is light aqua without a cloud in sight. Night will soon envelope me. It's warm outside but I don't need shorts. The air is still but for an occasional hint of a breeze that seems to touch my right arm only.

There are no bugs to bother me tonight. Zsa Zsa has run across the street about to begin her night's journey. Basil lies just inside the screen door and sighs once in a while. I'd like him here next to me but then I'd have to hold his leash and wouldn't be able to write.

A teenage boy is chasing a girl - their both on bikes. She says "don't come near me" and laughs. He says, "I'll give you a head start" and does but catches up with her just the same. She looks annoyed. He looks proud.

Will they ever really understand each other?

©2004 Pamela Hamilton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home