Sunday, January 30, 2005

"Why don't you ever do anything you say you'll do'! He slams his fist onto the table and I jump. "I got a phone call today that the phone bill hasn't been paid again. Do I need to take over the bills now, too?

"Stop it, would you? I do what I say!" I could feel my throat tightening around stifled words I want to scream. "You can't say I don't do anything I say I'll do."

"Oh, let's not get caught up in that semantic crap. You don't do what you say and you know it."

"Yes I do! I can't even talk to you when you get like this. Look, I'm sorry the bill wasn't paid. I'll pay it, alright?

"I already did. You know, you're such a child. I can't depend on you for anything and I'm sick of it."

"Stop it". Now I scream it. My hands are shaking and all I want to do is to throw something across the room. "I don't deserve this. I missed a bill but it doesn't ive you license to talk to me like this." Tears break through the barriers and stream down both cheeks. "I'm leaving now. I'll pay the bill tomorrow".


"Sure, leave like you always do - just like your mother."

The slam of the door, my reply.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home